发新话题
打印

完整版:任天北美老二访谈翻译(5月29日):你们吃我剩的吧!!

战神贴提到的。见http://tgfcer.com/club/thread-5872479-1-1.html

访谈:NOA的George Harrison,关于Wii的前景

无责任翻译:dingdong

北美任天堂的老二George Harrison对访谈内容和任天堂07的计划很放得开。他还大胆预测了主机大战的结果:

我们相信在此世代主机生命周期内获得40-45%的份额,大大超过GC。我们还可能超过50%。看看我们的对手表现如何了。

Wired News: 最近阿葱哥对北美任天堂不太爽:怎么“脑白”买的不够欧洲日本好呀?!认为07年要对NOA施加点压力。你认为是什么使得北美卖得不够欧日好?你今年要怎么做?

George Harrison: 先答第2个问题。我们还在支持“脑白”,它都出了一年多了啊。今早猩猩哥说了,这些东东可不像传统的游戏软件,传统的西西就像电影一样,卖个12到16周就差不多了。这东东可以大长今,哦,是大长卖。我们还会支持“脑白”,我们还会在8月开卖“脑白2”。这不仅仅是卖个新游戏,我们还可以把“脑学院”和原来的“脑白1”带着卖上去呢~~

我们就是这样计划的。我想我们回头看看就知道为什么和日本同货不同买了:他们在日本只过了6个月就发售了“脑白2”,连续技啊!无敌2连击! 这里我们还要维持GB(A)的生意,我们还做得很不错呢。结果就是阿葱哥认为我们拖后腿。我们只是放慢卖DS的紧迫感而且我们现在也把精力放在DS上面了。所以今年阿葱哥给我们的任务主要就是任GB(A)自生自灭,全力支持DS。

WN:嗯,好像DS在北美的最大竞争对手一直都是Game Boy。就是她拖了后腿吧~

GH:对的啊!我想我们都很用心支援那些超棒的扩展用户层的软件的。不过可能我们还没尽力。我们那时很好地支持了“任天狗”,停了一下,又终于要回到出大力支持“脑白”了... 我们是停了一下,不过今年我们就要努力了~

WN:你看5年后Wii在US的状况如何?

GH:我相信两件事:首先,我不肯定这是否一个典型的主机周期。过去我们的主机一般活5年,然后被某些人用新技术东东搞死。现在我们发现更快的速度和更好的画面不那么吸引人了。PS3就是被自己的价格和质量搞得半死不活的。PS2卖得很好,因为大家都知道它“便宜量又足”呀。所以我们大期望一下这次的周期能大过5年。

我们也相信我们的机机能占有40-45%的市场份额。超过好多GC了~搞不好还超过50%呢,嘿嘿。如果我们的对手只关注GTA和HALO之类的话,他们就活该小份额了,嘿嘿。总体市场戏剧性变化,他们只能干瞪眼眼红咯!

WN:那你说SONY和MS要怎么做才能大住你呢?

GH:目前为止,他们都还不太鸟我们。我们赚到了,他们可能才鸟过来。我们看到了他们出的一些花招。去年E3啊,SONY在最后一秒,放了个“6轴”想对付我们的震动棒。还有那个MS,出了个“宝贝万岁”想和我们小精灵打过。结果都被干掉了,真不幸!他们根本就不是这块料!他们也许能吸引某部分用户,不过他们就不能明白我们怎样能成功骗到那些叔叔伯伯阿姨阿婶阿公阿婆和小屁屁们的咯!

WN:Wii对吸引新用户取得先机,为了更多用户你们还要怎么做?

GH:我们做广告呀!我们去年秋天就换了广告策略:以前我们老针对9-17岁的屁屁们做电视广告,现在我们只对25-49岁的AV受众们做广告啦!你会突然发现我们竟然在“Dancing With The Stars”(美国一跳舞选秀节目)和一些本应没游戏广告的地方做广告。我们比较能直接吸引已经是游戏玩家的人,所以我们去年就不在电视上做“傻二大”的广告,玩家们早已有兴趣玩了,他们能上网去查,自己做研究。我们就坚持这样的策略,大量市场精力用于扩展的用户,更直接地接触我们的老玩家。

WN:我看今年Wii的软件阵容,有淫河玛丽啊,淫河MM啊,大乱X啊这些hardcore的重口味。任天堂第一方除了“脑学院”外没有很多的大市场软件。我们什么时候能在美国看到 “Wii Health Pack”, “Wii Music”啊?日本今年都要出了~

GH:我们会在今年E3放点传统的东东给扩展用户们看。对于这些用户你要知道一点,他们不会太知道一些早已发售了的、大家都知道的东东。我想我们要转变下思想。我们3月时调查了Wii的认知度,在25岁以上的人中还是只有60%的知道Wii。意味着还有40%的老人们没听说过Wii。难想像吧,但这就是事实。结果就是,“Wii Sports”和其它的东东对于他们来说还是新的。所以你不要太惊讶在今年秋天看到我们还在为“Wii Sports”或Mii channel或其它的打广告。因为这些扩展用户虽然可能之前有看到过,但是他们还要提醒一下为什么这些东东会吸引他们,这就会让他们今年破天荒地买了台主机了!!哈哈哈哈哈

(吃饭去了,等下继续第2部分)~

WN:还要继续绑着Wii Sports和主机一起卖吗?

GH:嗯哼。在北美绑着卖,我们还要绑到过了今年圣诞。它成为了一个文化现象,也定义了一类软件,一类大家都可以在家里做的,即使是不买健身机的那个人,也能水乳交融于其中。我们认为一旦让人拿起了震动棒,就可以让他们做一些其它事情:看看Wii channel,用用其它软件。真是我们的震动特洛伊木马啊!哈哈哈哈

WN:说到channel,我很奇怪为什么还没有宣布下载空间的内容? 你们还有计划发布更多的原创内容吗?虽然接下来有更多的虚拟主机游戏,但好像都没有原创游戏耶。今年到底有没有啊~~~

GH:我们正在用力啊。不只是先后问题,不只是我们要先做好其它我们认为重要的东东如无线联机之类。原创内容会有的,虽然我还不能给出日期,但这个对我们也很重要。我们会每星期出6到10个虚拟主机游戏,我们稍后也要加入原创内容。

WN:虚拟主机好像只有任天堂和一些合作厂商在做。你们会开放给更多的厂商发布他们的旧游戏吗?

GH: 当然想了。你知SEGA啦,还有其它一两个发行商都有做啦。有更多机会的。其中一个难题就是,旧游戏有很多版权问题要克服。我们自己的一些游戏,如Mike Tyson's [Punch-Out]都还搞不掂版权呢。

我认为随着Wii的装机量增大,用Wii来连上网的人数增多,其它的厂商也会跟进的。嗯哼!

WN:虚拟主机的游戏都是好日本向的。北美任天堂有没有在做事啊?!

GH:我们至少每月都和日本那边讨论一次。我们这边的一个小组,做虚拟主机游戏发表相关和做本土化的,也在谈虚拟主机游戏的选择。你当然想一次有完所有游戏啦,但那是不可能的哦,每个游戏都要做点准备工夫。我们会继续放游戏,但不会一两年就放完。所以这里有个放游戏的先后,我们也在和日本那边谈。

WN:SEX不太想在虚拟主机上放游戏,放话说觉得市场更想要有物理载体的游戏。你要怎样推倒她啊?

GH:推倒是什么啊人家不懂的哦。但好像没有其它什么办法用旧游戏赚钱哦。她只有去妇科了。她可以选择放出虚拟主机游戏,让那些当时玩不到的人能玩到这些游戏。对我来说这就是虚拟主机的好处。你不用花很多钱在物理载体和零售发布上,也有机会获得一个不会买你产品的顾客。

WN:Wii何时会供货正常?

GH:供货正在逐步稳定中。但我们不知道什么时候能满足需求。我们已经比以往的很多主机在发售5,6个月后出货要多了。但我们也很惊讶我们竟然还从一周缺货一天到现在的一周缺货3天。我也不知什么时候天天有货,我们只能慢慢增加产量咯。

还有一个问题就是我们不止在一个领域成功,而是每个领域都成功。所以每个星期都要做出这样的决定,要在哪个领域中以我们在竞争中的位置和产品供应去平衡需求。

WN:你真的看到供应一月比一月高了吗?接下来的几个月我们能从供应数字提升上期待些什么么?

GH:从四月开始就增加了。但是要花4个月的时间去准备好增加生产量。现在已经在慢慢增加了,但实话说我不知道到秋天能有多大改观。我们乐观地估计我们能尽量多的为秋天出货。但这不意味着不会--即使我们8月9月有货--并不意味着年底假期不会缺货。有货最好啦,我们也不想使顾客失望。

WN:早些时候,在2006年,你们发售了一个只通过互联网卖的“电子浮游生物”,但你们后来都没有这样卖了。那样做的效果如何?

GH:难啊。我们喜欢尝试新点子。“电子浮游生物”是个很特殊的游戏,特殊到不能平衡做大市场和放到广大零售商里所花的钱。另外,如果这个小众游戏还很难买到的话,它就不能卖出去了。所以我们放到网上卖,这样我们就能开发少量的这种游戏并让它们找到顾客。效果还OK,我们还会继续观望。我们还发售一些游戏,比如只在Gamestop上,我们认为那里能更好地把产品卖给少数受众。但实际上,零售渠道商一般没啥耐性。所以一个可能长时间才有人注意的产品,如果开始的一两周都卖得不好,零售商就不爽了。因此我们要找个办法使得产品长时间里都能买得到,使得顾客能看到我们在实验,也使得在一段时间后顾客们会传出口碑,把产品卖出去。

WN:好像第三方好像对Wii和DS的反应较慢,到现在我们才看到一些新奇有趣的东东。你认为是这些独特的东西变流行了才使得他们去开发吗?例如ubi开发的Jam Sessions?

GH:DS举例,之前他们都没有充分利用触摸屏和其它一些特性。他们只是做些GB游戏,理念还转变不来。那时,我想他们只把注意力集中在新电视主机上,对于手掌机就只是马虎应对想赚快钱。他们很惊讶我们做出了任天狗和脑白之类的赚大钱东东--这些他们根本就不当成“电子游戏”的东东。但到了现在我们能看到他们也在发力了。

像EA啊,以前都是外包做DS游戏的,现在自己的很多优秀的小组也开始做DS游戏了。拿Wii来说,你应该在2006年春天就要对Wii的发售作出反应了。但是很多厂商就不:他们都不太相信或理解Wii会有市场。当他们看到E3时的振奋人心的情景和2006年底假期发售后的盛况,他们开始把更多的资源放在开发wii游戏上了。很是鼓舞耶。不但他们把超棒的MADDEN橄榄球系列和其它东西给Wii,他们也开始准备原创作品。原创对我们很重要,因为我们想让Wii能靠独特的原创一柱擎天,不只是因为我们有和竞争对手的机机有相似的size。

完。
好累,大家慢慢。

[ 本帖最后由 dingdong 于 2007-5-29 23:21 编辑 ]

本帖最近评分记录
  • Jonsoncao 发贴积分 +30 感谢翻译 2007-5-29 21:30

标题党啊

翻译口味够重的~~~

最近流行这种翻译:D

翻译了好:D

这种翻译惟恐天下不战,不过我喜欢。

:D 只要别太扭曲原文,我挺喜欢这种翻译。

楼主,翻译这段吧,这是雷吉的

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118011476751914861.html

Nintendo's U.S. Head Sees Strong Future
For Wii Beyond 'Hardcore' Gamers
By NICK WINGFIELD
May 29, 2007

Three years ago, Reginald Fils-Aime, a new executive at Nintendo Co., took the stage at a videogame conference determined to fire up gamers, whose faith in the Japanese game company was shaken in recent years because of its lackluster performance in the market.

"My name is Reggie," he declared. "I'm about kicking a--, I'm about taking names, and we're about making games."

The speech (archived on YouTube1) became a battle cry for the Nintendo faithful and turned the burly Mr. Fils-Aime into a minor Web celebrity, dubbed "The Regginator" by some fans. And now Nintendo -- a company known for classic game characters like Mario, Donkey Kong and Zelda -- is performing to match Mr. Fils-Aime's rhetoric.

The company's Wii console and Nintendo DS handheld game player are currently the two best-selling game gadgets on the market in the U.S., leading a dramatic resurgence at the Kyoto-based company. With its relatively low price of $249 and an innovative motion-sensing game controller, the Wii is sharply outselling the competing PlayStation 3 from Sony Corp. and Xbox 360 from Microsoft Corp., and is on a trajectory to overtake both in cumulative sales. About 2.5 million Wii consoles have been sold since it went on sale last November, according to sales-tracking firm NPD Group, compared with 1.3 million for the PS3 and 5.4 million for the Xbox 360, which went on sale a year earlier than its rivals.

Mr. Fils-Aime, the president and chief operating officer of Nintendo's U.S. division, sat down for an interview recently at a hotel in downtown Seattle, where Nintendo hosted an event to showcase upcoming games for the Wii and DS. The conversation covered Nintendo's efforts to expand its audience beyond "hardcore" gamers, whether the Wii is a novelty that will eventually fall behind rival systems and why independent game publishers haven't found as much success as Nintendo itself with games for Nintendo hardware. Excerpts follow:

WSJ: What's the best illustration of how Nintendo has managed to expand the gamer audience?

Mr. Fils-Aime: In my view, what's happening in Wii households. The reason I believe that's most compelling is today Wii is still hard to get. Largely it's still those core gamers who are waiting in line and doing all the work to find the system.

What those data show are, once it's in the household, everyone is picking up the Wii remote. That's what our strategy is all about. That's why we have Wii Sports packed in. That's why we have the Forecast Channel, the News Channel. It really is to motivate that nongame player to be comfortable with the Wii remote and use it.

WSJ: Does that mean you will sell more games than you did for past systems, or will you sell a comparable number of games that are simply used by a broader audience within the household?

Mr. Fils-Aime: First, we're going to sell more systems. In the past, the consumer that would have looked at this and said "it's not for me" is now finding experiences that give them enjoyment. The second piece is we will sell more software -- not just us, but third parties as well that create content for this expanded audience.

WSJ: You said independent, third-party publishers have collectively sold more games for Wii than Nintendo. Have any of these companies topped a million units sold with any of their individual titles?

Mr. Fils-Aime: They have not, but a number have reached or are about to reach the half million mark. Ubisoft has two titles that are awfully close. EA has done very well with Madden and Tiger Woods. Activision has done very well.

We focus on this because there's a historical view that third-party licensees cannot make money on Nintendo platforms, and it's just false. Today, third parties are doing extremely well both on Wii and DS. That's why they're devoting more and more of their own development resources against these two platforms.

WSJ: Some game executives have told me Nintendo historically charged game publishers a higher royalty rate to make titles for Nintendo consoles than rivals, which crimped publishers' profits. And Nintendo executives have said publishers in the past put their second-string development teams on Nintendo projects. Is this why most companies have been less successful with Nintendo games than they have with titles for other hardware?

Mr. Fils-Aime: I think our licensing structure is very comparable and competitive with what other platform holders do. That is not the issue. While in the past development teams may not have been up to par, I certainly believe that's changing. When you have Disney or EA creating dedicated centers of excellence on our platforms… the game creation and game content will only get better.

When you have such a strong publisher as Nintendo, third parties may have looked at our platforms and said, "It's tough to compete." But that paradigm has really been broken as key licensees create content that competes just as effectively as Nintendo-published content does. Again, I point to Ubisoft. During the launch window [for Wii], Ubisoft was selling not too many less games than we were from a Nintendo first-party perspective. That's staggering. That's because they made a commitment to the platform.

WSJ: Do you foresee a day when third-party publishers beat out Nintendo for the first-place position for Wii game sales?

Mr. Fils-Aime: I think it's certainly doable. I think some of the content here is quite provocative. Boogie from EA is quite provocative. I love the support we're getting from 2K games and their sports franchise. Activision with Guitar Hero -- when that comes out on Wii I think that has the potential to become the top-selling game across the industry.

WSJ: Are people today buying the Wii as an impulse purchase because it's relatively inexpensive compared with other systems, and when the price comes down on the PlayStation 3 they'll buy that console?

Mr. Fils-Aime: What I know is Wii is outselling PS3 right now 3-to-1. Wii is right now outselling Xbox 360 at a pace of 2-to-1. When I do that math, and analysts have, there will be a crossover point when the Wii is the top-selling system, first, world-wide and then, secondly, here in the United States [on a cumulative basis]. If I'm a competitive platform holder I have to be concerned. The data certainly suggest it's not some fringe buying the Wii and it is a much more massive consumer group that represents the core and the expanded audience.

WSJ: When do you think that crossover point might be -- this year?

Mr. Fils-Aime: On a U.S. basis, we have sold through roughly 2.5 million Wiis... On a pace of 2-to-1 [compared with Xbox 360 sales], that inflection point certainly happens this year, if not next.

WSJ: The Wii remains very difficult to find in stores. Why in May of 2007 -- more than a half-year after Nintendo introduced the Wii -- are there not a few more Wiis on store shelves?

Mr. Fils-Aime: It's consumer demand. The issue is not a production issue. We're producing north of a million a month. It's that demand is so unprecedented at this point in time six months after launch.

WSJ: Sony has said that the PS3 is a technology that's future-proof because of its powerful microprocessor and high-definition disc format. In a couple years, is there a possibility the Wii will start looking a little creaky in comparison to the PS3, and Nintendo will be left in the dust?

Mr. Fils-Aime: I guess when you're not doing well you have to grasp at something. From our perspective, this industry is about entertainment and it's about driving a consumer interface and engagement with content. That's why people want to play games. From that standpoint, our strategy is certainly working and we believe it's going to work into the future. What that future is going to look like and what's the content -- stay tuned.

Write to Nick Wingfield at nick.wingfield@wsj.com2

URL for this article:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB118011476751914861.html

[ 本帖最后由 Wii60 于 2007-5-29 20:37 编辑 ]

WN:那你说SONY和MS要怎么做才能大住你呢?

GH:目前为止,他们都还不太鸟我们。我们赚到了,他们可能才鸟过来。我们看到了他们出的一些花招。去年E3啊,SONY在最后一秒,放了个“6轴”想对付我们的震动棒。还有那个MS,出了个“宝贝万岁”想和我们小精灵打过。结果都被干掉了,真不幸!他们根本就不是这块料!他们也许能吸引某部分用户,不过他们就不能明白我们怎样能成功骗到那些叔叔伯伯阿姨阿婶阿公阿婆和小屁屁们的咯!

太好笑了,笑死我了

赞翻译啊...

50%?!

嗯,开始有SONY的风格了 :D

赞翻译!!

有内涵,不错,希望快点继续。:D

他们就不能明白我们怎样能成功骗到那些叔叔伯伯阿姨阿婶阿公阿婆和小屁屁们的咯!

等待嗲二部分

引用:
原帖由 dingdong 于 2007-5-29 20:07 发表
George Harrison: 先答第2个问题。我们还在支持“脑白”,它都出了一年多了啊。今早猩猩哥说了,这些东东可不像传统的游戏软件,传统的西西就像电影一样,卖个12到16周就差不多了。这东东可以大长今,哦,是大长卖。我们还会支持“脑白”,我们还会在8月开卖“脑白2”。这不仅仅是卖个新游戏,我们还可以把“脑学院”和原来的“脑白1”带着卖上去呢~~
明白了,传统软件是电影,异质软件是连续剧,Wii在大陆定会大卖啊…………  :D

26 12
发新话题

官方公众号及微博